Often, customers will elect to winterize their soft serve or frozen beverage machine, especially in areas that are heavily seasonal and the machines are only utilized in the summer or warm months. This article explains the proper steps to take to winterize your Spaceman Soft Serve or Frozen Beverage machine with the best success for use in future years.
Extended Storage / Winterization Steps
- Follow the operator instructions to fully disassemble, clean, and rinse all of the parts of your Spaceman machine. Use a mild detergent and rinse the parts in clean water. Ensure all parts are clean of all lubrication and allow to dry completely.
Warning: Do NOT allow sanitizer or any cleaning solution to sit in the machine hopper, cylinder, or on any machine parts for extended periods of time. This can cause damage to your machine.
- Wipe the cylinders, rear shell bearing, hoppers, and exterior of the machine down well, using a mild detergent if necessary. Allow to dry completely.
- If your shutdown is only for a brief extended period (several days to several weeks), you can re-assemble the machine following the operator instructions, ensuring components are properly lubricated. Once assembled, open the prime plug on the dispensing door to ensure no moisture gets trapped inside the door.
- If your shutdown will be for several months, place your wearable plastic parts, gaskets, and o-rings in a plastic bag to avoid having them dry out. Place all parts in a plastic storage bin and keep with the machine during the shut down.
- Unlpug the machine from building power, and secure in a dry place that will remain above freezing temperatures.