Functionality Check, Model SM-6210
1. Drain, Rinse, Disassemble, and Clean the machine per the operator manual. Remove all parts from the cylinder, including the drive shafts at the back of the cylinders.
2. Remove the side panels from the machine and locate the Hopper and Cylinder thermostats.
3. If you are able to read the motor amperages with a clamp-style amp meter, you can install the clamp meter around one of the black wires on the motor. Ensure the meter will not hit or interfere with the belts or other moving parts.
4. With the machine disassembled, put the machine into WASH to turn on the motor.
5. If able, measure the motor amperage.
6. Turn off power to the machine to stop the motor
7. Perform a SS: Frost Check to verify the refrigeration system is working with adequate charge.
8. Lubricate and Assemble the machine per the operator manual.
9. Follow the operator manual instructions to add the water/sanitizer solution that you use to sanitize your machine.
10. Put the machine into WASH to turn the motor on and begin sanitizing the machine.
11. If able, measure the motor amperage.
12. Allow the machine to run in WASH mode for 5 minutes.
13. Measure the temperature of the sanitizer solution in the hopper with a food-grade thermometer in degrees Celsius. Turn the Hopper Thermostat dial until you hear it click. This is the current temperature the thermostat is reading. Compare the two readings.
14. Return the Hopper Thermostat dial to 3.5 degrees Celsius.
15. Dispense some solution from the cylinder and measure the temperature of the sanitizer solution in the cylinder with a food-grade thermometer in degrees Celsius. Turn the Cylinder Thermostat dial until you hear it click. This is the current temperature the thermostat is reading. Compare the two readings.
16. Return the Cylinder Thermostat dial to -10 degrees Celsius
17. Follow the operator manual instructions to drain the cylinder of sanitizer, and add product to the machine for freezing. Follow all instructions to properly purge/prime the freezing cylinder.
18. Turn the Hopper Thermostat to the highest temperature setting. This will ensure that the machine does not try to cool the hopper until Step 29 below.
19. Put the machine into FREEZE mode to begin freezing the product.
20. If able, monitor the motor amp draw during the cooling process.
21. Occasionally, dispense some product from the cylinder and notate the temperature. Notate these temperatures.
22. As soon as the motor amperage reaches the Viscosity setting, the main compressor will shut off.
23. If you are able, notate the motor amp draw at the moment the compressor turns off.
24. After the compressor shuts off, the amperage of the motor will decrease slightly.
25. Approximately 20-30 seconds after the compressor shuts off, the motor will shut off.
26. Dispense 4-6oz of product into a cup, and quickly measure the product temperature. Ensure the thermometer does not touch the sides of the cup.
27. Quickly dispense a second 4-6oz serving into another cup. This is generally the consistency your product will be at the set viscosity setting.
28. Allow the machine to finish a cooling cycle with the motor, compressor, and compressor fan OFF.
29. Turn the Hopper Thermostat to 3.5 degrees Celsius. If the product in the hopper is warmer than 3.5 degrees Celsius, you should hear a click on the thermostat.
30. With the machine in Freeze mode, allow the machine to sit for 20-30 minutes. If the hopper product temperature is greater than 3.5 degrees Celsius, the compressor will turn on to cool the hopper. Every 8-15 minutes, the motor will turn on and check the viscosity of the cylinder. Note that the cylinder will only cool the hopper or the cylinder, but not both at the same time.
31. If you have reached this step, your machine is functioning correctly. If you are having issues with freeze ups, product inconsistency, or other issues, please refer to the SS: Best Practices article, to ensure all steps are being followed correctly. If you need further assistance, please contact Spaceman Technical Support and be prepared to provide all detailed information gathered above for the best next steps for troubleshooting.